Blog Posts Updated Every Wednesday and Friday

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-changes...

Faithful readers, I'm pleased to report that I'm semester break until early May - what joy!  Despite being on break, it appears that there's no rest for the wicked as I feel like I'm just as busy as ever.

A lot has been happening since my last post so let me fill you in on a few things....

One of my favourite sayings is "It's all about me.", so let's start there!

Yesterday was my 40th birthday so I decided I'd treat myself leading up to the big day.  On Friday I went to Vancouver and did a little shopping at Fleuvog's.  I tell ya, it was like the mother ship calling me home - I was in heaven!  I bought myself a lovely pair of Lily Darlings (AKA - I'm not really turning 40 shoes) in red and I couldn't be happier.  I've been coveting these shoes since they first came out and I figured this milestone year was just as good a time as any to finally take the plunge and buy them.  I also justified the purchase by telling myself that they'll go perfectly with my graduating robes for my upcoming commencement ceremonies in October (it's good to be prepared).  Truth be told, I would have bought out the store if I had a limitless supply of money!

After that I met my dear friend Carmen for a lovely lunch in Gastown, overlooking the water.  Good food, great conversation, lovely view of our glorious coast - what more could a gal ask for?  Naturally we ended up talking shop and I gleaned whatever I could as Carmen has a wealth of experience.  She's a local artisan and has been in the biz for the past 15 years.  She specializes in wearable fibre art - check her out at http://melonheadknitwear.blogspot.com/

I finished off the day on a high note with a little visit to Sephora.  Ah Sephora, they never fail to deliver!

On the art front, I have loads of wonderful news to report.  Jen has been a busy, busy bee.  She's finished more paintings and they're absolutely fabulous!  I swear, each time she finishes another painting, I have a new favourite.  She's posted 2 new albums of paintings on the page called Vespaziani Artworks on Facebook.   1 album is called LoveWorks, and the other is Metamorphosis Series, and I promise you'll want to buy them all (I know I do).

As I said earlier, Jen's been a busy little bee and has posted a video on youtube of some of her work.  To see the video, go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFwRqrRJQ8Y
In addition, Jen has been working hard at creating an art class that she'll soon be teaching locally.  More details to follow on that.

Finally, we recently held a little writing contest at Vespaziani Artworks.  We invited fans to write short stories inspired by Jen's paintings.  The submissions were all wonderful and we'll soon be announcing who's the lucky winner.  I can't wait to find out who that is because even I don't know.  As soon as I find out, I'll announce it here...and I may even post the winning story.

No comments:

Post a Comment