Blog Posts Updated Every Wednesday and Friday

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Toe in Water

Do I dare?

They say it's all about the journey so I'm contemplating getting into the canoe. While I'm feeling excited about it, I must admit that I'm a wee bit nervous. Okay, so I'm not talking about a real canoe...please bear with me.

I'm almost 40 (eek!) and I'm thisclose to finishing my undergraduate degree at SFU. To be more specific I'm in my final month of my 2nd to last semester! It's been quite a ride complete with dips, curves, rapids, and yes, some cozy little coves. One of our courses next semester is called Capstone and it is essentially "this is what I've learned, and this is what I intend to do with it". Can you say panic?

I had pretty much resigned myself to the notion that my final project would be on how I don't know what the heck I intend to do with my education. Before I started the program I had so many plans - BIG ONES! The past 3 years have been a lot of work and yes, a lot of it has been very rewarding...but it's still been a lot of work and my classmates and I are feeling a little worse for wear.

The good news is that fate has smiled upon me and given me a wonderful gift; a capstone project that I can feel passionate about! I will be working with someone on my project and I'm so excited about it all that I'm itching to get started, hence the blog.

Before I announce my project on here, I have to clear it with my partner so fingers crossed that very soon it'll be all systems go. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. yay I'm your first follower! I was admiring your picture before I even saw the blog- it's beautiful. I always admired jen's style waaaay back in high school. Can't wait to see more of her work.

    ReplyDelete